THE CHANTICLEER

The Student Voice of Coastal Carolina University

THE CHANTICLEER

THE CHANTICLEER

Coastal Carolina University will be formally closed for classes and events on Tuesday, Jan. 9.

In light of the ongoing danger and impending consequences of a severe weather system, Coastal Carolina University will be formally closed for classes and events on Tuesday, Jan. 9.

While University offices will be inactive, essential services will be available. Personnel identified as essential must comply with their work duties as required.

The University is projected to return to normal functioning on Wednesday, Jan. 10, pending a comprehensive campus review. The University advises students to “Please stay inside and use extreme caution if they must go outside”. 

Available campus services include:

CHANT411 will provide services virtually from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Text or call 843-234-3411 for assistance.

Hicks and UP dining halls will be open tomorrow, Tuesday, Jan. 9, from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. The Market P.O.D located in Tradition Hall will be open tomorrow, Tuesday, Jan. 9, from 9 a.m. until midnight. UP P.O.D and Pie by Night 2 will be open 6 p.m. until midnight. All other food service locations will be closed tomorrow and will return to normal operations on Wednesday,

Jan. 10.

Bronze Route and Teal Mobile will continue to operate, but will need to stop operation if sustained winds of 40 mph occur and will resume when winds subside.

Mail Services will remain open until 6 p.m. today, Monday, Jan. 8, and will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 9. All mail received today will be available in package lockers for pick up 24/7. 

University officials are vigilantly observing the storm. Updates will be disseminated on the advisory page and the University’s primary social media channels on Facebook and Twitter.