THE CHANTICLEER

The Student Voice of Coastal Carolina University

THE CHANTICLEER

THE CHANTICLEER

How to celebrate graduation, properly

Ranking best restaurants for post-graduation celebration

Attention all seniors: It’s time to plan the most important part of graduation, a decision that will influence the rest of your life– where to celebrate on graduation night, of course.  

After several years of getting your behind kicked from every angle, the countless all-nighters and developing a caffeine addiction, you deserve to commemorate your achievements.  

Whether you’re looking for a quiet night out or a night you will never remember, I’ve gathered the best restaurants to celebrate at with loved ones. Live music, good food and strong drinks make for magical nights. 

1. Neal and Pam’s Bar and Grille   

A beloved treasure in Surfside Beach, Neal and Pam’s has to be at the top of my list. Go early in the evening to experience their American-style culinary delicacies of burgers, sandwiches and fried seafood. Stick around for karaoke starting at 7 p.m. on weeknights, or live music starting at 7 p.m. during most weekends to get the full Neal and Pam’s experience. 

2. Dead Dog Saloon

Located on the waterfront in Murrells Inlet, this lively atmosphere is the perfect place to celebrate and reflect on how much money you’ve spent on tuition. Start the night right with your choice of mouth-watering tacos, salads, sandwiches, barbeque or seafood. Live music kicks off at 7 p.m. weekdays and 8 p.m. on weekends.  

3. El Cerro Grande 

There’s no better way to wrap up the blood, sweat and tears you put into this degree than reminiscing with friends over Mexican cuisine. Recall moments of heartbreak, achievements and personal growth over tacos, chimichangas or nachos. Wash your meal down with a frozen mango margarita and keep the good times flowing.