Former Coastal Club now The Arch

Photo by Caroline Surface

The Arch’s new banner covering the old Coastal Club Student Living sign.

Walk2Campus officially introduced The Arch, formerly the Coastal Club student apartment complex, on Oct. 25.

The purchase of the complex will include improvements to the area and an increase in rent expenses. The company owns multiple student living complexes in Conway such as College Park, CampusWalk and The Ascent.

Major rehaul has been done of their property, The Ascent, since taking over
in January of this year. These renovations include revitalizing the pool area, making changes to the units, and adding a fence around the perimeter of the property.

“We as a company have been excited about the Conway market we operate in,” Marketing Manager Abby Todd said. “We were ready for a new challenge and to take on new growth in this market.”

Walk2Campus said they pride themselves on the safety of residents. They are hoping to improve safety measures with their new ownership.

“I am hoping there is better security. I’ve lived here for three years now, and safety is my main concern,” senior resident Hannah Brady said.

As well as safety, they also hope to grow their maintenance team to further fulfill the needs of the residents. Their maintenance team at The Ascent has over 20 collective years of experience.

“We have great policies in place for work order requests and maintenance requests,” Todd said.

Since taking over, Walk2Campus increased the prices for residents next year. The two-bedroom units are $760 per month, and the four-bedroom units are $630 per month. However, residents who are renewing their lease will get a discounted rate of $595 per month for four-bedroom units and $730 per month for two-bedroom.

“Changing the prices is kind of frustrating because one of the best parts of Coastal Club was the affordable prices,” Sophomore resident Joshua Uduje said. “I hope if we are paying more, things will be improved.”

@walk2campus_ccu announced their newest property on Instagram, “New home, new adventures, new memories! We are now proud owners of The Arch formerly known as Coastal Club.”

For more information on The Arch, go to walk2campus.com.