“A Court of Thorns and Roses” series review

Below are my reviews on each book in Sarah J. Maas’ “A Court of Thorns and Roses” series. I have included a little bit about each book and my overall opinion, spoiler-free.

“A Court Of Thorns and Roses” 4/5 stars 

The book centers around Feyre, a human girl who kills a fae wolf and has to pay her debt in the fae realm. Feyre goes on to live in the spring court with Tamlin and Lucien. She adapts to her new home in the fae realm and slowly discovers her feelings for Tamlin, transforming her hostility into passion.

I thought the book was very good, the villain Amarantha was easy to hate and Tamlin and Lucien became my crushes. Tamlin feels like a protector of Feyre, giving her the luxury she never had, growing up in a poor family.

“A Court of Mist and Fury” 5/5 stars

Feyre survived the trials of Amarantha at the cost of now being a Fae. Her promise made to the High Lord of the Night Court leaves her with Rhysands’ mind games as a greater evil arises. I ate this book up for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I fell in love with Rhysand and the enemies-to-lovers trope. Feyre becomes that girl in this book as she discovers her new found powers. Rhysand, Cassian and Azriel, better known as the batboys, really made me love this book. The tension and plot building will make anyone devour this book.

“A Court of Wings and Ruin” 4.5/5 stars

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin’s actions and learn what she can about the invading king threatening to bring her land to ashes. But to do so, she must play a deadly game of deceit. Feyre finally finds her place within the inner circle and Rhysand.

This book was so action packed and wasn’t as much of a romance as it was a fantasy war book. We also see Feyre’s sisters come into play, Nesta and Elain. I hated Nesta in this book and her attitude and Elain kind of seemed like an airhead.

“A Court of Frost and Starlight” 3/5 stars

This book is basically a Christmas episode.

Rhysand, Feyre and the inner circle are preparing for the Winter Solstice as they try to rebuild the Night Court. Feyre navigates being a High Lady as well as trying to deal with the problems of her sister, Nesta. Nesta is an angry drunk in this book and spends all of Rhysands money because he’s super rich.

It’s a short book and is not as important as the other books, but it still needs to be read to have context for ”A Court of Silver Flames.”

“A Court of Silver Flames” 5/5 stars

This book might top “A Court of Mist and Fury” for me.

Mist and Fury” for me. I loved getting a new perspective of Nesta and Cassian and seeing Nesta’s character development. We truly see her discover her power and face her demons with the help of Cassian and his warrior training. Nesta and Cassian’s development together of healing their wounds was something I didn’t know I needed.

This is the biggest book in the series and a triumphant ending to the story that began in “A Court of Thorns and Roses.”