THE CHANTICLEER

The Student Voice of Coastal Carolina University

THE CHANTICLEER

THE CHANTICLEER

From video game to movie adaptation

“Five Nights at Freddy’s” movie preview

As Oct. 27 approaches, people across the country wait excitedly to watch the new “Five Nights at Freddy’s” (FNAF) movie, a development of the famous FNAF video game. 

FNAF is a survival horror game in which a player must survive nights at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria by avoiding the deadly animatronics. However, most fans of the FNAF series are more interested in the storyline behind the game and the characters’ plots. 

The pizzeria itself is in a state of ruin due to the backlash and rumors behind what occurred. In the game, it is believed that five children were kidnapped and killed by William Afton, who put their bodies into the animatronics: Freddy, Bonnie, Chica and Foxy. However, this is a very simplified version of the entire franchise. 

The franchise has multiple games, each released a few years apart. These releases uncover more of the plot through each new game. 

The upcoming movie is noted to follow the plotline of FNAF, in which a security guard, played by Josh Hutcherson, must try to survive the night at the infamous pizzeria. 

Although there has been excitement over the movie, many fans worry the movie won’t build up to the complexity behind the FNAF series. Some even say the movie will most likely be disappointing. 

However, I believe the movie will bring more popularity to the series, since the development of the series will be on screen. In addition, since Halloween is approaching, “Five Nights at Freddy’s” is a perfect horror movie for fans and interested individuals to indulge in. To add on, those who watch the movie might be interested in the game itself and the plotline behind it.