Your university, your choice

Hello, Teal Nation!  

The Student Government Association (SGA) elections are quickly approaching, and we are excited to announce our election campaign, Vote1954! Vote1954 is a universitywide campaign to promote the SGA elections, civic engagement and the student body government on campus. 

Students– you have the opportunity to elect who represents YOU at Coastal Carolina University. These elections are important as part of our shared governance at Coastal. Take time to be an informed voter and learn about all of our candidates in the coming weeks!  

Events to look out for: 

FaceTime with candidates: March 21 from 5 to 8 p.m. at CINO Grille 

Enjoy a meal on us while you meet candidates for senator and executive board positions.  

Election Announcements: April 1 at 5 p.m. in Mildred H. Allen Ballroom (Singleton 129) 

Come join the anticipation of the election results over food with fellow students, faculty and staff. 

The voting period opens March 22 and closes March 28. You will receive a unique link in your email to vote, and you will receive reminders as the week progresses.  

Encourage your friends to vote so we can reach our goal of 1,954 voters! Good luck to all of our candidates and remember, Vote1954! 

Editor’s note: This is a guest column written by Gabrielle Ryder. 

EDITOR’S NOTE: We celebrate Women’s History Month for The Chanticleer’s only march issue this semester. Ranging from news to sports, our team showcases topics surrounding women’s rights and features work from notable women in the community. See pages 8 and 9 on how Coastal Carolina University’s wages for the top 100 paid employees have remained stagnant. Desk Editors Caroline Surface and Madisyn Padgett reveal faculty members must report Planned Parenthood affiliations on page 4. For more Women’s History Month content, see pages 2, 6 and 10-16.