Edwards celebrates 20th anniversary all semester long

This is an exciting year for the Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts because it is the college’s 20th year anniversary.  

Edwards Dean Claudia Bornholdt said it is special because the college will be able to give thanks to Robins Edwards, the woman whom the Edwards College is named after. Bornholdt encouraged all Edwards faculty to redirect classes on Friday, Nov. 12, so students and staff can participate in the events commemorating the college.  

Bornholdt said the day will be a big party highlighting students’ work from across Edwards. 

The series of events on Nov. 12 will start at 9 a.m. and go until 9 p.m. One-hour sessions throughout the day offer people the opportunity to learn about dance, theatre, communication, languages, creative writing, intelligence studies, sculpting and more.  

One highlight of interest to fans of The Chanticleer and local journalism is a panel at 10 a.m. on the Edwards courtyard stage. Panelist include journalism faculty, students, and WPDE Chief Meteorologist Ed Piotrowski.   

At 3:30 p.m. there will be a live bronze casting in the Edwards back courtyard where students can watch a sculptor pour 180 pounds of melted bronze and cast sculpture.  

Opportunities for people who want to express their creativity are abundant on Friday. For more information about Friday’s locations, times and events, check the full schedule online at https://tinyurl.com/suyv695k