Upcoming graduates pave way forward at graduation fair with Career Services

Each year CCU holds a graduation fair featuring several tables to get seniors prepared for graduation and what’s to come once they leave the university.  

This year the event was held on March 24, and the CCU alumni desk featured some take-home gifts like stickers, pens, wristbands, a Chauncey patch, and some blue light-blocking glasses. At the events, students could also receive information on services and amenities available to Coastal alumni such as meetup events and networking opportunities.  

Other desks included at the fair were places for graduates to order their cap and gown, and class rings, as well as information on commencement times and how to get their guest tickets. There was also the Financial Aid desk where students can get counseling on options to pay off their loans and get offers or loans for graduate programs. Career services also offered guidance on cover letters, resume checklists, and networking advice.  

Career Services is a useful tool for CCU graduates, as they can help students make or improve their resume and cover letters, give insight on jobs or careers relevant to one’s major, get business cards made, or even have mock interviews to help prepare for job interviews. CCU students are urged to get started on Handshake where they can make appointments with the career center and get in contact with various companies for job opportunities.