Career Corner

Olivia Aleman-Lidstrom
Editor’s note: This is a column written by Olivia Aleman-Lidstrom.

Career Services have been preparing for their biggest event of the semester: The Spring Career Fair. This event is the perfect opportunity for students and alumni to come and network with employers, discuss internship opportunities, graduate school programs and explore part-time or full-time employment.

The Williams-Brice Physical Education Center, the location of this semesters’ fair, will be packed with over 80 employers from various industries and will take place on Feb. 28 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Students and alumni are encouraged to arrive in their best professional attire, a few resumes in hand, and a solid elevator pitch that briefly introduces themselves and their accomplishments. Those who aren’t actively looking for jobs and internships are also welcome to stop by and check out the job market and practice their networking skills!

Career Services will also be hosting a “Prepare for the Fair” event that will be held in the Singleton Allen Ballroom the evening prior from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. This event will be divided into two, one-hour segments. The first being a Q&A with Career Services sponsors including GITI Tire, Waffle House, AIS Observers, Margaritaville, CCU Food Crew and North Myrtle Beach Ocean Rescue.

This event will allow students to gain insight on how to craft the perfect resume, nail a job interview and understand employers’ expectations for the Career Fair.

Immediately following the Q&A panel, appetizers and refreshments will be provided and students will be encouraged to network with the employers. Career Services will also be hosting walk-in hours for students who are working on their resumes in preparation for the Career Fair on Feb. 26 and 27 in the Lib-Jackson Student Union A203!

Career Services welcomes all students to stop by either of these events as it is a great opportunity to further develop their professional skillset and plan for life after graduation! More information about these events and a list of employers can be located at CCU Handshake.