Career Services serves students

Offering a variety of opportunities, Career Services at Coastal Carolina University has the mission of helping students build their own professional success.

Major and Career Selection

Helping students find their perfect career path is part of the job of career and major counseling. Through the provided career assessment tool, students can fill out a self-report to investigate different majors and find the one that best fits them. Additionally, students can see occupations and companies who hire graduates with majors they have selected. Job shadowing opportunities are also available through the Career Services web page.

Resume Help

Resume and cover letter templates are available online along with the opportunity to schedule a meeting with faculty to perfect a resume draft. Different templates are available for each college within the University.

Interships

While gaining professional skills, experience in their fields, and academic credit, students can access links to internships all across the world. Career Services provides both individual assistance during every step of the process as well as opportunities to encourage students from all majors to review available resources.

Job Search

The job search page found through career services provides multiple employment search engines for students in search of internships and careers. Handshake, CareerShift, Big Interview, and BuzzFile are linked on the website to help students in their post-graduation job search. Also linked online is a salary negotiation guide to help students achieve their highest potential.

Graduate School

Free resources and guides are available to help students research and explore graduate school options. Along with test preparation, the website includes tips on writing a personal statement and links to graduate school exams

Chants Career Handouts

Including links and worksheets to all previously mentioned academic opportunities, Chants Career Handouts is the place to go when looking for tips and guidelines for career search aid. Steps to curate the perfect LinkedIn account can be found on the webpage.