Campus welcomes families this weekend

It is time for students to prepare for Family Weekend, Sept. 30 through Oct. 2.

There will be multiple programs and events held during these three days for family and friends alike to explore the campus. Some of these events required students to be pre-registered by Sept. 24 and 25, other events do not require pre-registration.

Justin Gambone, the lead associate director for Student Transitions and Family Programs for the event said he is optimistic about the event.

“I hope families and students will take the time to enjoy themselves and reconnect at Family Weekend,” Gambone said.

This year is chalked full of planned events, ranging from a Panhellenic Silent Auction on Friday to a Trivia Tournament on Saturday. There will also be t-shirts for sale and various photo booth options to help families and friends carve new memories together and keepsakes of this event.

Between the multiple open houses, tours and games, those attending the eventful weekend can experience the highlights of what life down here at college is like. Family Weekend provides academic and social insight into the life of a Chanticleer, all made possible by the faculty and staff at CCU to make everyone a part of the Coastal family.

“I loved having my family come to Family Weekend and experience Coastal Carolina Football,” Claire Romain, student, said regarding the previous Family Weekend.

Family Weekend is coming up this weekend, which gives students the opportunity to spend time with their family, even if it is just for the weekend.