Insomnia Cookies hosts PJ party

Insomnia Cookies serves late-night treats.

Photo by Maci Kaye Anderson

Insomnia Cookies in Conway hosted a pajama party event for college students on Tuesday, Sept. 20.

Insomnia Cookies opened last semester in University Commons across campus, making it a relatively new addition to the Coastal community. In hopes of welcoming students, the company hosted a nationwide celebration. This was the location’s first year being part of the annual event.

Students who were dressed in pajamas were able to access exclusive giveaways which included merch and one free classic cookie. During the event, exclusive limited time flavors were released that included Sour Patch Kids.

Hunter Batchelor, the assistant manager of the Conway location, was excited for the event and the future of the location.

“The PJ party is usually an annual event, but there are other deals throughout the season,” Batchelor said.

Regardless if you missed the event, Insomnia Cookies is still a great place for pickup and delivery.

The location may not look busy during the day, however, it is a popular location for students who are searching for late- night dining options. Insomnia Cookies are a perfect snack option with them closing as late as 1 a.m. on certain days. This makes our campus dining more diverse when considering the fact most places off-campus close relatively early.

Insomnia is easily accessible to every student, even for those without a vehicle on campus. Batchelor said they deliver to dorms, even if a student orders ice cream. They said they will personally deliver your snack in perfect condition.

The Insomnia service is thoughtful and caring of its customers by offering gluten-free and vegan items for visitors. These cookie options are yummy and readily available. Students who sign up for a CookieMagic subscription may also get access to free delivery and other rewards throughout the year.

As a CookieMagic member myself, this is a convenient place to get an after-school snack. I personally stop at Insomnia Cookies in Conway daily after my classes to pick up a gluten-free cookie or two before commuting back home. I use my membership more for the rewards rather than the delivery benefits but would recommend it to anyone in campus housing.

I always return because of both the taste and the wonderful environment the workers create. As Insomnia continues to grow, I have full faith they will be a key component for our students from this event and the rest to come.